Saturday, May 8, 2010

Does size matter?

I've worked with women all shapes and sizes throughout my career and one of the many things they all have in common are their aversion to what's printed on the tag, and no I'm not talking about the price.

I'm here to tell you, it's not about the size! Ladies, I have confidence that intellectually you know this is true. We are emotional creatures, but we need to get over it :) Every vendor fits their items differently, fabrics, dyes, all those things have influence on how clothing fits. Ever notice that the same item different colors can fit differently?  I promise this is true!

Remember what matters the most is cut and fit. Don't be surprised if things don't fit you off the rack, always fit the largest part of you...and tailor the rest. The difference will amaze you. I know I know, it's one more step, and additional dollars...but if you're spending $150+ on a blazer, don't you want it to look like it was made for you?

Clothing that fits you correctly not only makes you look smaller, but it'll will make you feel fabulous and confident, and put a spring in your step.

Still can't take that ugly number staring back at you?  Instead of passing up on a potentially fabulous garment...cut the tag out!

xoxo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment